Hello Sunshine Music & Food Festival
The Terms and Conditions set out below (Terms and Conditions) constitute a binding
contract between Lobster Steak Enterprises of 801 Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn VIC
3122 (Promoter) and the person holding or using a ticket to the event Hello Sunshine
Music & Food Festival (Event) at Caribbean Gardens,1280 Ferntree Gully Rd, Scoresby
VIC 3179 (Venue) irrespective of whether the ticket was purchased by the person
holding or using the ticket and applies to any subsequent holders or recipients of the
ticket (you or your). By purchasing a ticket to or attending the Event, you agree to be
bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Hello Sunshine 2024 Music & Food Festival Presale Competition
1. Information on how to enter this competition and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Lobster Steak Enterprises Pty Ltd. Employees of this organisation, Lucky Ent Presents Pty Ltd, its affiliate organisations and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the competition.
3. Entry is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18.
4. The winner must prove their identity and proof of age to the satisfaction of the Promoter before redeeming any Prize. The Promoter may declare a Prize unclaimed if a winner is unable to prove their identity to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter.
5. The competition commences on Thursday 21 September 2023 at 12:00pm AEST and ends on Tuesday 17 October 2023 at 12:00pm AEDST (the Promotion Period). Any entry submitted outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid and will not be eligible for the Prize.
6. To enter the competition and be eligible for the Prize, entrants must register for the Hello Sunshine 2024 ticketing pre-sale.
7. Entrants must provide their email in order to enter the competition.
8. Only one entry per email address may be submitted. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
10. One (1) person will win a major prize package valued at an approximate $6000 which includes the following:
- 5 x Free Tickets to Hello Sunshine 2024 (these tickets may be Adult or Child)
- Unlimited Amusements Pass at Hello Sunshine 2024 in Melbourne
- 2 x Slabs Urban Alley Beer
- 1 x Ugly Vodka Bottle
- 1 x HS T-Shirt in a size of their choice
- 1 x Artist Meet & Greet (Money can’t buy)
- Table Tennis Table
- Oklahoma Joe BBQ
11. This is a game of luck. The Prize winner will be draw at the offices of the Promoter on Wednesday 18 October at 2:00pm AEDST.
12. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for any loss (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any consequential loss), damages, or injury incurred by any of the winners or their associates in connection with taking up the Prize. The winners of the Prize are fully responsible for arranging fulfilment of the Prize at their cost (e.g. flights, accommodation, expenses, etc.).
13. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If a Prize winner fails to claim, or is unable to take up or use, their Prize for any reason whatsoever (including, but not limited to, sickness or travel complications), the Promoter will not be obliged to compensate the Prize winner and the Promoter will be entitled to, in its sole discretion, award the Prize to another entrant.
14. The promoter will make every best endeavour to organise and facilitate a meet and greet with the specified artists, however, if for reasons beyond the promoter’s control this prizing component cannot be facilitated, the prizing component will be void with no further obligation for compensation provided by the promoter or associated artists.
15. Further details regarding meeting location and time will be provided a minimum of 72 hours prior to the start of the festival
16. The Prize winner will be notified by email on Wednesday 18 October 5:00pm AEDST. The names of the winners may be published on Hello Sunshine social media channels.
17. The winner selection will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the rights in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to State laws and regulations.
19. All details of the entrants will be used and preserved in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the office of the Promoter. Unless otherwise notified, the Promoter may use the entries and details of entrants for promotional and publicity purposes. Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter and its associated companies will not be held liable for any loss (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any consequential loss), damage, cost, expense or injury directly or indirectly incurred or sustained by any of the Prize winners or their associates as a result of the Prize winners accepting or taking part in any aspect of the Prize.
21. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
20. These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of VIC and the Promoter and entrants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of VIC.
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Ticketek is the only authorized seller of tickets for this Event. Tickets may not, without prior written consent of Ticketek and the Promoter, beresold or transfered (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets (whether for cost price, discount or profit). If this condition is breached, the ticket/s may be canceled without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability. This applies to any posts you may make on social media and/or ticket resale websites.
- All ticket sales are final. Once purchased, tickets are the sole responsibility of the
purchaser. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss of tickets
- YOUTH & CHILD TICKETS: For duty of care reasons,and as a licenced event, youth &
Child tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with an adult ticket or by an adult who
has already purchased a ticket. Youth & Child tickets must be purchased in advance. No
youth tickets will be available at the gate. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse sale of
youth tickets if there is reason to suspect that the accompanying responsible adult policy is
being exploited. A youth is aged between 13 and 17 years of age on the last day of the
Event. A Child is aged between 0-12 years of age on the last day of the Event. Youths &
Children must be accompanied by the responsible adult who purchased the youth/Child
ticket at the ticket exchange to have their wrist band fitted. A responsible adult is a person
who is either a parent or acting in place of a parent and who could reasonably be expected
to exercise responsible supervision of the youth/Child. Proof of age for youth tickets may be
required, such as driver learner permit or school ID. The Promoter also reserves the right to
refuse entry to those who present as a youth for wrist banding at the Event and fails to
satisfy Promoter personnel they are accompanied by the responsible adult who purchased
- Child Tickets are free for those aged 12 years, however may still be subject to any
booking fees set out by Ticketek. Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at
all times at the Event. The phone number of the responsible adult must be written on the
child’s wristband to assist with location should the child become lost.
- ADULT TICKETS: Adult tickets can only be purchased by persons 18 years or older. All
Patrons will be required to show valid ID on entry. Valid ID includes VALID Passport, VALID
Australian Driver License or Victorian proof of age card). The Promoter reserves the right to
refuse entry to any patron without appropriate identification. Attendees from overseas (that
is any country other than Australia) must bring their valid passport to gain entry. Overseas
driver’s license, student University and/or Public Transport cards will not be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to enforce any published limit on the number of Event
Tickets that can be purchased by any one person and may cancel any Event Tickets
obtained above such limit by any one person.
- Each Ticket you purchase is a license to attend the event specified on the Ticket and is
subject to any additional terms specified on that ticket and any terms of entry or other terms
and conditions of the Venue at which the event is being held.
- You are responsible for checking all Event information and ensuring you have purchased
the correct Event Ticket for the Event.
- Any complimentary Event Tickets provided by the Promoter may not, without the prior
written consent of the Promoter, be sold, transferred or used by anyone other than the
person whose name is on the Event Ticket or to which the Event Ticket is registered.
- You must supply the correct full name and contact details of all attendees at the time of
purchase. Your personal information will be collected and handled in accordance with the
- In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket,
a transaction fees per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event.
- To prevent fraud and protect you, Ticketek may carry out checks and/or you may be
asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement)
after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any
order or tickets.
- Entry to the Event Site will be granted upon presentation of a bar-coded Event Ticket.
Your Event Ticket must be presented upon arriving at the Event Site where it will be
exchanged for a wristband. The wristband must be worn at all times while you are at the
- Event Tickets and wristbands must be treated like cash. Event Tickets or wristbands that
are lost, stolen, destroyed or damaged will not be refunded or replaced, except as required
by law or where the Event Terms provide otherwise. Wristbands that have been removed,
tampered with, damaged or defaced will be rendered invalid and will not be replaced. Any
person found without a wristband may be evicted from the Event Site by the Promoter or
- Event Tickets will have your name printed on them or will be otherwise registered to
your name. Upon entry to the Event Site, Event Staff will check to ensure the name on your
photographic identification documents matches the name on, or registered to, your Event
Ticket. If the name on, or registered to, your Event Ticket does not match the name on your
photographic identification documents, your Event Ticket will be invalid and you will be
refused entry to the Event.
- The Promoter reserves the right to, and to authorise or instruct Event Staff to, refuse
entry or evict any person from the Event Site that: fails to comply with the Event Terms; is
under the age of 18 and not accompanied by a responsible adult; is unable to provide valid
and current photo ID that is sufficient, in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, to prove that the
person is aged 18 or over; engages in any illegal activity or behaviour or any activity or
behaviour deemed in the Promoter’s absolute discretion to be unsafe, disorderly or
antisocial, including, but not limited to being intoxicated or affected by alcohol or drugs;
crowd surfing, moshing or stage diving; entering non-public or designated no access areas
of the Event Site or areas of the Event Site to which your Event Ticket does not permit
access; climbing the staging, rigging or other structures at the Event Site; causing damage
to property or goods at the Event Site; or acting in a violent, threatening, inappropriate,
abusive, aggressive, sexist, racist or discriminatory manner or for any other reason in the
Promoter’s absolute discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or to expel any minor from the Event
who is not accompanied by a responsible adult, and no refunds shall be provided in such
- Entry to the event will be refused if the ticket is damaged, altered or defaced in any way
or not purchased from an authorised point of sale. If the ticket is re-sold or transferred for
profit or commercial gain, it will become void and the holder may be refused entry to, or
ejected from the venue.
- You enter the Event Site at your own risk and shall be responsible for the safety and
security of all your belongings brought into the Event Site. The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for any loss, damage or theft of or to your possessions or property at the
Event, including cloaked items. Any lost property items handed in to Lost & Found will be
held for one (1) day post-event only.The Promoter will not be responsible for any of your
property left at the Event Site and, after one (1) day post event, the Promoter may discard,
sell or donate to charity any property left at the Event Site following the conclusion of the
- There shall be no entry into the Event Site prior to 12:00pm local time at the Venue on
Event Day and the Venue must be vacated by 11:30pm local time on the Event Date. There
are strictly no passouts administered at the Event.
- Entry to the Event Site is at your own risk. You understand that your attendance at the
Event may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you and
your property. By attending the Event and entering the Event Site, you accept the risk of
damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential
loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Event. Any intimidating or
dangerous activities will not be tolerated and will result in ejection from the event, without
the right to re-entry or refund. This includes; posturing or “surrounding” patrons, aggressive
moshing, stage diving, crowd surfing or climbing. The Promoter accepts no liability for any
injuries or damages caused by these activities.
- Where rides are on site, rides will be ridden at patrons’ own risk. The Promoter and
event accept no responsibility or liability for any injuries or damages caused by these
- Grassed areas may not be reserved through the placement of blankets or chairs, unless
the space is continually occupied. The Event organisers reserve the right to remove any
unattended blankets or chairs.
- Ticket holders consent to being included in photos, sound and live recordings that are
taken by the official Event media team, and can be used by the Promoter or
Promoter-approved media outlets for promotion of the event.
- The Promoters or the Event will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. The
Promoter recommends the use of earplugs.
- You must follow all reasonable directions of the Promoter and any of its employees,
personnel, agents, contractors and sub-contractors (Event Staff), including but not limited to
security, bar and traffic management personnel and directions conveyed on signage at the
Event Site, and comply with all applicable laws (including regulations) at all times during the
Event (including but not limited to liquor licensing, smoking laws and regulations and
complying with total fire ban requirements). You must take reasonable care when moving
around, or traversing, the Event Site. You must move (whether on foot or in a vehicle) in an
orderly fashion, in accordance with the directions of the Promoter and Event Staff, and you
must not do anything that may hinder, or prevent, the safe passage of other patrons or
Event Staff at the Event Site or the surrounding areas (including entering and exiting the
Event Site). Where maps of the Event Site are made available by the Promoter, you should
familiarise yourself with the layout of the Event Site, including the location of any emergency
exits, to assist with moving around the Event Site safely in the event of an emergency.
- In the case of an emergency or serious injury, you must follow all official directions of or
authorised by the Promoter, security staff and emergency services personnel.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for
the reasons set out in these terms and conditions or in the Ticket Refund and Exchange
- The Promoter reserves the right to change, add, withdraw or substitute artists in the
Event line-up, vary the advertised program, the date, the entry and exit times, the amenities,
the facilities, the attractions, the entertainment, the Event Site and/or the VIP Areas for the
Event at its discretion without prior notification. No claim for compensation shall be made in
the event that the program is varied due to the non-appearance of an advertised artist.
- Except where required by law or in accordance with Live Performance Australia’s
Ticketing Code Of Practice, there will be no refund of any Event Tickets or for any unused
portion of an Event Ticket. This includes but is not limited to where there has been a
variation to the Event, if you are refused entry to or evicted from the Event Site or VIP Areas
by the Promoter or Event Staff in accordance with the Event Terms, if you fail to attend the
Event, if you arrive after the commencement of the Event, if you leave the Event Site prior to
the conclusion of the Event, or if you purchase the incorrect type of Event Ticket.
- Hello Sunshine is an outdoor event and the Event will always go ahead as long as it is
safe to do so. There will be no ticket refunds for wet weather unless the Promoter cancels or
postpones the event for such reasons.
- If you are evicted from the event or refused entry, your ticket will be cancelled and you
will not be entitled to a re-entry or refund.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all
terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event.
- If the event is cancelled by the Promoter for any reason, only the face value of the ticket
will be refunded. If the Promoter deems it necessary to abandon the event due to the forces
of nature or any other reason, refund of the face value of the ticket is at the discretion of the
Presenter. If the Promoter cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue,
date, show time the Promoter will use reasonable endeavors to inform you. This will usually
be done by email.
- If the event is canceled by the Promoter due to forced majeure ( an event that prevents,
hinders, delays or otherwise makes it impracticable by reason of any flood, riot, fire, judicial
or governmental action, labour disputes, communicable diseases, act of God or any other
causes beyond our control), the promoter will provide a refund of the ticket price paid,
excluding any booking fees. Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you
used to buy the tickets
- It is a condition of entry to the Event Site that a search of you and/or your possessions
be conducted at the time of entry to the Event Site and at other times if requested by the
Promoter or Event Staff. This may include, but is not limited to, bag checks, vehicle
searches, pat downs, metal detector tests and drug detection tests. If you do not consent to
such searches, you may be denied entry to the Event Site, or evicted from the Event Site.
- The Promoter and Event Staff may confiscate any Prohibited Items or any other items
which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, considers may be used in an illegal, unsafe,
antisocial or offensive manner. Confiscated items will not be returned, replaced or
- The following items are prohibited and must not be brought into the Event Site
- Glass of any kind (including bottles and jars)
- Outside Food & Beverdige, including Alcohol
- Illegal or illicit substances
- Weapons of any kind including but not limited to, tasers and pepper spray
- Items capable of being used as a projectile
- Baseball bats and cricket bats or any similar item or equipment
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police/emergency service dogs)
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers or fire twirling equipment
- Music Instruments, noise makers, or air horns
- BBQs, gas bottles and butane cannisters or cylinders
- Fires and open flames of any kind
- Flammable items
- Large sound systems
- Portable laser pens/equipment
- Couches or large pieces of furniture.
- Studded clothing, footwear or accessories
- Audio or video recording devices (other than a mobile phone)
- Professional photography equipment (e.g. telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens or anything deemed by the Promoter to be professional photography equipment)
- Skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, roller-skates, bicycles, motorised vehicles or similar
- Any other dangerous, unsafe, illegal or offensive items
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of law enforcement or security guards
- Any persons found to be in possession of illegal subtances will be denied entry and may
be referred to the police. No refund will be issued.
- Alcohol: The Event is fully licensed. You must not bring alcohol into the Event Site. Only
alcohol purchased from bars at the Event may be consumed at the Event Site. You must be
aged 18 years or over to purchase and/or consume alcohol on the Event Site and you must
provide photographic identification documents to the satisfaction of the Promoter or Event
Staff to verify that you are aged 18 years or over in order to purchase alcohol. If you are
found supplying or buying alcohol for any person under 18 years of age you will be evicted
from the Event Site and the Promoter may report your conduct to the police.
- Chairs may be brought into the Event, unless where otherwise signed, but must be kept
in their designated area. We may direct you to move or remove chairs from the Event for
- In line with the State Government of Victoria’s health policy, all persons attending the Event will be required to follow all government guidelines, requirements, and recommendations for events at the time of the festival.
- You acknowledge and agree that your entry may be subject to directions issued by
Victoria’s Chief Health Officer pursuant to the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic)
and/or otherwise under relevant Victorian law (“Directions”), which you understand may
change from time to time. Such Directions may include a requirement to provide sufficient
evidence of being fully vaccinated (unless legally exempt). Failure to comply with all relevant
Directions will result in you being refused entry or evicted from the venue.
- While the conditions of entry relating to COVID-19 are designed to reduce the risk of
transmission of COVID-19, it is not possible to eliminate that risk entirely. You acknowledge
that by entering the venue you assume the risk of suffering an illness or fatality related to
- Promotions or discounts are subject to these Terms and may be subject to their own specific terms and conditions as provided by The Promoter from time to time.
- Unless otherwise stated, promotional offers, including but not limited to discounts, package deals and coupons, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Only one Promotional code may be used per Order. Each Promotional Code may only be used once
- Ticketek and The Promoter reserves the right to retract any promotion at any time
without explanation. Any Orders placed in reliance of such promotion prior to the retraction
will either be honoured by Ticketek or cancelled for a full refund of the purchase price,
without any further liability to Ticketek or the Promoter.
- Ticketek reserves the right to cancel any order in which it thinks coupons have been misused – in this case you will be provided with a full refund.
Amendments & Variations of Terms
- These Terms and Conditions and/or any of the Event Terms may be varied at any time.
Any variations become effective immediately once the variation is published, displayed or
- Whilst we endeavour to notify you as soon as reasonably possible of any changes to our
Terms by email, it is your responsibility to keep up to date with any changes or amendments
to these Terms by checking this page, which contains our most accurate and up to date
version of our Terms.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend any errors in the Services, including any pricing errors, and amend any prices and Tickets, at any time without notice to you.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual ornon-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed bythe laws of Victoria, Australia and any disputes arising out of any transaction between youand The Promoter are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts of thatjurisdiction.
- Any breach of any of these terms and conditions will entitle the Event organisers to evict the ticket holder from the venue and confiscate any ticket or wristband, without refund.
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is held or found to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it will be deemed to be severed to the extent that it is void or to the extent of voidability, invalidity or unenforceability, but the remainder of that provision will remain in full force and effect.